Change Profile

Last Day
Last Week
Tree View

Search Board
Keyword Search
By Date


Getting Started
Program Credits

Best Coupons
Freebie Newsletter!
Coupons & Free Stuff


Sick Dog :(

Moms View Message Board: General Discussion: Sick Dog :(
By Mommy3girls on Tuesday, March 2, 2010 - 09:23 pm:

My 11 y/o Cocker Spaniel Bayleigh is sick. I had to take in a urine sample to the Vet this morning... let me tell you - that is a whole other topic of discussion right there! Try following your very hairy dog around outside in 3 feet of snow with a tupperware bowl under her nether regions while she squats! NOT EASY!! Needless to say - she wasn't very cooperative! Anyway - the Vet found alot of blood in her urine & protein - I now have to take Bayleigh back in for blood work & X-rays on her Kidneys. Not sounding good. I'm going to stay positive until I hear otherwise.

By Mommy3girls on Wednesday, March 3, 2010 - 05:58 pm:

UPDATE! Just got home from Vet & Bayleigh is fine! She has a Urinary Tract infection - just female problems! After the blood work & x-rays and a $150.00 vet bill - we have antibiotics and soon to be healthy dog :)

By ~harlena on Thursday, March 4, 2010 - 11:51 am:

YEAH .... that's the problem with vets, they are ALWAYS expensive, and insurance doesn't help !!!
I'm SO glad she's ok, the girls would have been devestated otherwise, I'm sure!

By Mommy3girls on Sunday, April 4, 2010 - 09:12 pm:

Once again - had the strangest thing happen to Bayleigh....we witnessed a seizure. It was very obvious and I jumped down the the floor and held her tight. It lasted about 5 minutes. I will for surely be calling the Vet 1st thing tomorrow morning.

By Feona on Monday, April 5, 2010 - 07:58 am:

Oh my. That doesn't sound good.

By Mommy3girls on Monday, April 5, 2010 - 04:06 pm:

OK - get this: Bayleigh had gotten into Jaydens Easter Basket and ate chocolate - unknown to us until later on in the evening. Come to find out - a large amount of chocolate is TOXIC to dogs and can - you guessed it - result in seizures!

UGH!! So - everything is OK - Vet just wants us to watch & make sure she doesn't have any more.

By Northcountrymom on Monday, April 5, 2010 - 05:24 pm:

Sorry about the dog. We had a chocolate eater - no seizures but he'd vomit. Always came back for more unfortunately. One year he ate 1/2 of a 2 foot bunny (I know, who has a 2 foot bunny - it was a german ethnic thing).

By Tayjar on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 - 10:10 am:

Grapes, raisins, and garlic are extremely toxic to dogs as well. Grapes and raisins can cause severe kidney problems, including death. Glad to know your baby is going to be OK.

By Mommy3girls on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 - 06:02 pm:

Yeah - it was thew scariest thing - but she has been fine ever since. THANK YOU!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Post as "Anonymous"